Tactical Equipment Mechanic
Requisition Number: 505334
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Minera Panamá S.A. Is the legal entity of the First Quantum Minerals group in Panama. Cobre Panamá is the first copper mine to be developed in Panamá and provides exciting career opportunities for both existing and potential employees. We are currently developing the most important private investment in the country's history, with the project Cobre Panamá in the District of Donoso, Colón.
If you are ready to develop your career and witness one of the most important copper mines in the world, follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. http://joincobrepanama.com/
We are currently seeking a Mechanic of Tactical Equipment for our operation in Donoso, Colón.
- Perform preventive, corrective maintenance and repairs of the Tactical equipment.
- Perform the inspection of the equipment in order to identify conditions that may impact the proper functioning of the equipment.
- Perform the evaluation, diagnosis, and calibration of equipment to identify and monitor operating conditions.
- Change the major and minor components of the equipment.
- Comply with environmental prevention and care procedures.
- Comply with the procedures established for the execution of maintenance activities.
- Generate, complete and close work orders with the correct and timely information.
- Prepare technical reports and failure analysis.
- Conserve and properly use the tools and facilities provided.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the workshop.
- Know and comply with the Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Internal regulations. Code of ethics and conduct. Loss prevention manual.
- The responsibilities described above are the main ones developed by the position. The position also develops other activities that are not included in this document and the immediate supervisor is responsible for transmitting them.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- Experience in maintenance management systems
- Knowledge and technical skills in maintenance, repair and diagnosis of tactical equipment for the mining industry, such as large capacity cranes, articulated trucks (ADT), excavators, caterpillar tractors, front loaders, service trucks, forklifts, vans, generators, air compressors.
- Knowledge and technical skills in mechanical inspection activities.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and diagnosis of failures of engine and power train systems.
- Knowledge and technical skills in evaluation and diagnosis of failures of hydraulic and electrical systems, reading and interpretation of drawings and diagrams.
- Knowledge and skills in the processes of component change and equipment assembly.
- Knowledge and skill in the management of technological tools and diagnostic instruments.
- Knowledge and skill in tire maintenance.
- Knowledge in information management systems (ERP) and generation of work orders.
- Ability to read and interpret service manuals, parts manuals, oil analysis reports.
- Ability to work in teams and handle complex situations.
Academic qualification required for this position:
- Technical Studies in Mobile Equipment Maintenance.
Professional experience required for this position:
- 3 years in mobile equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of the JD Edwards System or other information management system.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now