TMF Mechanical Conditions Monitoring Technician
Requisition Number: 506663
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for an Mechanical Conditions Monitoring Technician to join in our team at Cobre Panama.
Role and Responsibilities
The TMF Conditions Monitoring Technician will report to the TMF Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
TMF Conditions Monitoring Technician duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Achieve the monitoring plan of the all equipment’s of the TMF operations
- Determine machinery and equipment status in operation, using the monitoring equipment.
- Integrity information for the analysis and failure preventions
- Perform alignment of machinery, couplings, pulleys.
- Check vibration and temperature parameters of electric motors and pumps of the sand cyclone plant.
- Monitoring the lubrication components and oil analysis.
- Monitoring the wear in the pipelines, development the analysis and include wear rates for all pipelines (Carbon steel, Rubber Steel and HDPE)
- Assists with investigation of equipment performance problems, troubleshooting, and accident investigation.
- On a daily basis, performs scheduled PMs on machines and equipment for proper functionality
- Participates in the drafting and revision for approval of the preventive and predictive intervention activities for the different assets of the plant to integrate at the CMMS level.
- If necessary, carry out curative actions according to the degree of urgency (safety / environment / production capacity)
- Participate in continuous improvement teams for critical equipment failure.
- Upon completion of work, enters work order pertinent feedback in the CMMS system for tracking.
- Assist other trade technicians in asset malfunctions diagnosing.
- Ensures that a high level of safety is adhered to at all times.
- Prepare recommendations and reports for any modifications to plant equipment, structures, infrastructure that would improve the quality and speed of plant maintenance work. Especially emergency repairs that would directly affect plant availability.
During commissioning phase of project assist as required with the effort to correctly inspect, calibrate, repair, refurbish and install all plant equipment. Assist with monitoring installation of all plant equipment to ensure that it is installed as designed and per best industry practices.
Proceed with equipment condition monitoring and analysis
- Use vibration analysis tools
- Use Infra-red monitoring tools
- Take Oil samples and proceed to analysis with the help of Lubrication supplier
- Be the expert on Laser Alignment
- Benchmark start-up condition
Prepare recommendations and reports for any modifications to plant equipment, structures, infrastructure that would improve the quality and speed of plant maintenance work. Especially emergency repairs that would directly affect plant availability.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to read technical literature in Spanish and English and read and interpret highly preferred technical drawings.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and P & ID required. Ability to read and understand structural drawings, electrical drawings, I & C drawings and highly preferred control logic drawings.
- Good understanding of industry best practices related to predictive maintenance and condition monitoring tools and techniques.
- 1 year or more of satisfactory experience as monitoring of pump, pipe and lubrication conditions.
- 2 year or more experience as maintenance mechanic technician.
- Knowledge in vibration analysis and / or tomography. Preferably have certification in vibration analysis and tomography.
- Knowledge in oil analysis of plant equipment.
- Degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or mechanical technician.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to function as a member of a team, respecting the skills and opinions of others highly preferred.
- Computer knowledge with practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and other specific software is a definite advantage.
- Basic communication skills in English preferred.
- Experience working in multicultural environments a definite advantage.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now