Safety & Compliance Training Officer
Requisition Number: 506691
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Health & Safety, Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. Specifically:
- Training & Assessment in Safety / Compliance Training programs/courses
- Verification of Competence of all employees / contractors mobilizing to per KMP Compliance Permit for site access
- Training record keeping / control
- Develop Training plans and manage objectives / performance
- Train students i.e. interns/attachments/current staff
- Auditing Departments Training/compliance status i.e. Training matrixes/gaps etc
- Trainer Assessor
- Trainer assessor - Zambian accreditation (advantageous)
- Teaching methodology
- Safety Certification
- MS Office Suite – Excel, PPT, Word
- Facilitation / Presentation / Coaching skills
- 5 years Safety Training experience
- 5 years plus in Training and Assessing in Resources Industry
- Results Orientated
- Detail Orientated
- Service Orientated
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Thinking safely.
- Upholding quality.
- Overtime work when required
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now