Requisition Number: 506696
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Plan and execute the Fauna Rescue and Relocation Plans.
- Prepares operating procedures of the Fauna Rescue and Relocation Plans (FR&R). Verify compliance of the procedures.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment of FR&R and provides support with their orders when it is necessary.
- Prepare reports periodically.
- Coordinate the field work.
- Maintain data and field forms organized.
- Prepare and give talks about the commitments and Biodiversity programs to the personnel and contractors of the Cobre Panama Project.
- Manage the R&RF database.
- Support in administrative and logistics management.
- Implement FQM Way culture across the team – “Smarter, Bolder, Driven, Together”
- Execute others activities of the Biodiversity Programs when it is necessary.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate degree in Biology with Specialization in Zoologist or Orientation in Animal Biology.
- Have initiative.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Computers and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 3 years in Manipulation and Rescue of fauna.
- Handling of poisonous and non-poisonous snakes.
- Knowledge in taxonomy of vertebrates.
- Writing technical reports.
- Driving double traction cars.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- English. Desirable learning will.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now