Power Plant Preventive Maintenance Developer
Requisition Number: 506928
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for Power Plant Maintenance Preventive Maintenance Developer to join in our Power Plant Team at Cobre Panama.
Role and Responsibilities
The Power Plant Maintenance Preventive Maintenance Developer will report to the Power Plant Engineering Manager.
Power Plant Maintenance Preventive Maintenance Developer duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
-Assist with development of work packages for Preventive Maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment on site. Packages to include:
- Estimated durations and manpower loading for all steps of the work for maintenance scheduling.
- Complete list of tools and equipment required.
- Complete list of spare parts and material required including storage location.
- All applicable procedures and drawings.
- Hazard assessment and JSA for work to be done.
- List of expected LOTO points required to safely perform work.
- Detailed work instructions with standard pre-approved lift plans and step by step work check off sheets.
- QC requirements and QC signoff sheets.
- Operations inspection and release to operations forms.
- MPSA internal resources and Vendor contact information for consultation as required.
-Assist with daily processing of all incoming PM work requests. Assist with efforts to prioritize the PM work, prepare a schedule based on resource availability, assign appropriate work package or develop package if needed, monitor work in progress and work completion, close out each work request after successful return to service of equipment.
-Assist with preparation of schedules for all plant maintenance PM work including routine activities, emergency repairs, and scheduled outages and projects. Develop and update logic driven and resource loaded schedules for Annual, 3 Month Look Ahead, and 3 Week Work in Progress Views. Work with operations department to incorporate any required interfaces including testing, LOTO, post work inspection, and return to service.
-Help to maintain complete equipment files, maintenance logs and drawings for all plant equipment.
-Assist with preparation and implementation of plant process controls system to measure, track, and document productivity for plant maintenance PM work and routine operations work.
-Observe and document maintenance PM work on a regular basis to verify that requirements of work packages are being adhered to.
-Serve as part of plant emergency response team based on qualifications and training.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Basic understanding of industry best practices relating to planning, scheduling, and application of process controls.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Training in Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project highly preferred. Experience with software for managing work processing, logistics, and estimating highly preferred
- 15 years of experience as a field engineer, planner or maintenance management position in heavy industry, preferably Power Plants.
- Technical degree from Technical Institute or University preferred.
- Hands on experience as a millwright, maintenance mechanic, boilermaker, or industrial electrician highly preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and P&ID’s highly preferred. Ability to read and comprehend structural blueprints, electrical drawings, I&C drawings, and control logic drawings highly preferred.
- Documented professional training a plus.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Good English communication skills; Spanish working knowledge/fluency required
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now