Environmental Supervisor Mine/TMF/Process
Requisition Number: 506986
Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges:
- Provides support for the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental plans.
- Plans, executes mitigation plans to avoid, minimize and/or environmental hazards.
- Recommends improvement in the process design, procedures, activities and/or operating equipment to minimize environmental hazards.
- Facilitates and lead environmental incident investigations, root cause analysis, proposes accurate and timely corrective and preventive actions.
- Trains and oversees Mine, Process Plant and TMF coordinators and personnel
- Supervises the plan and execution of awareness environmental program
- Support and executes the environmental inspection plan. Supervises results, trends and propose mitigation plans for main risks.
- Performs on-site environmental surveillance inspections to verify the environmental conditions
- Supports and recommend acid rock drainage risk quantification, mitigation and/or treatment strategies.
- Support and recommend surface and groundwater quality monitoring, analysis and strategies
- Train and couches Environmental personnel.
- Analyses surface water, groundwater, air, sediments, soils quality results and trends and recommend improvements to minimize environmental risks.
- Recommends improvement in the monitoring procedures and activities
- Support the plan for environmental emergency procedures
- Support the implementation of the Environmental Management System
- Supervises, recommends and review the purchase of materials and equipment.
- Improve and maintain environmental database
- Follow the FQM culture - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
- Geology, Chemical or Environmental engineer
- Proven Knowledge in Acid Rock Drainage
- Master degree in Environmental Science is a plus
- Knowledge in hydrogeology is a plus.
- Knowledge root cause analysis.
- Project Management IOnsti
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to maintain focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to network with others to achieve results.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience Mining and/or Mining Consultant companies.
- Experience in environmental audits in Process Plants and Mine operations
- Ability to develop solutions in challenging environment.
Technical Ability / knowledge
- Project Management Skills
- Acid Rock Drainage analysis prediction and treatment.
- Groundwater and surface analysis and modelling (a plus)
- Environmental legislation
- Intermediate Excel Management - Advanced Excel Management (a plus)
- Knowledge in descriptive statistics - Knowledge in parametric statistics
- Knowledge in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge or experience in Hydrochemistry (a plus)
- Management of basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Driver's license. Skills for handling 4X4 vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to manage suppliers / contractors.
- Fluent Spanish.
- Advanced English would be an advantage.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now