Mine Planning Engineer: Mid Range
Requisition Number: 508074
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- With input from the Mine Planning Superintendents, produce Medium-term forecast mining plans, bench extraction sequences and budgets.
- Undertake Mine Planning process including mine and waste dump design, productions scheduling, quarterly re forecast as well as 3 month rolling forecast
- Interface with Short Range Mine Plan as well as Long Term Mine Plan to ensure alignment
- Constantly generate scenario to challenge the robustness of mid rang mine plan
- Establish and maintain Medium Term Plan data repository
- Ensure the medium-term plans follow logical and practical mining sequences particularly with regards to drainage management and terraces mining configuration
- Assist with production of mine reconciliation reports for quarterly and annual periods tracking mine production, spatial compliance and mining costs.
- Design of waste dump sequences for medium term planning horizons including limits, development sequences, tip heads, roads and competent material requirements
- Assist the Mine Planning Superintendent in the development of bench extraction plans and blast masters.
- Liaise with Geology and Processing Superintendent to ensure suitable quantity and quality of ore for Processing requirements
- Under the guidance of Mine Planning Superintendents develop pit, dump and other infrastructure designs which are appropriate to suit the needs of the mine planning team
- Track the performance of the medium-term plans against actual plan performance.
- Provide support to other mine planning disciplines when required.
- Undertake trade off analysis of medium term mining scenario
Experience & Qualifications
- MSc. in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum experience of 5-10 years mining engineering
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large scale mining equipment i.e Electric face Shovel P&H and AC drive Truck , large electric drill
- Experience in Mine Planning and Design, Scheduling and production- OPMS X Pac solution, Minesight or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skill
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now