Production Supervisor - Utilities Area ( Sulphuric Acid | Steam Turbine & Diesel Power Generation )
Requisition Number: 508125
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Categories: Process, Power Plant, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Time for a change?
Come and work on one of the world's most complex mineral processing plants. If you like - bring the family and live in beautiful Hopetoun, WA (Rent Free).
This areas include a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
We are searching for experienced Process Plant Supervisors to:
- Overseeing continuous production
- Development of Production Technicians
- Development and updating of operating documentation
- Promote the development of sound operating practices
- Demonstrate commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities
- Ensure that all risks have been identified, managed and a safe working environment is maintained
- Be part of the team where communication is open and each person understand what they have to do and what they are responsible for
- Adhere to systems, procedures and maintain a safe working plant and environment
- Provide accurate feedback so that appropriate and corrective action and planning can be implemented
- Strong communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ approach to work
- Promote continuous improvement and accept challenges as they arise
- Ensure that operation objectives are effectively communicated to optimise plant availability
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar Process Supervisor role
- Field Operator experience mandatory
- Experience leading and managing shift teams
- Control room experience highly regarded
- Front-line management qualifications highly regarded
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now