Requisition Number: 508159
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Minera Panamá S.A. Is the legal entity of the First Quantum Minerals group in Panama. Cobre Panamá is the first copper mine to be developed in Panamá and provides exciting career opportunities for both existing and potential employees. We are currently developing the most important private investment in the country's history, with the project Cobre Panamá in the District of Donoso, Colón.
If you are ready to develop your career and witness one of the most important copper mines in the world, follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. http://joincobrepanama.com/
Roles and Responsibilities
• Providing support to the Contracts Superintendent and Contracts Officer with activities associated with drafting and administering
contracts for the supply of goods and/or services. This may include but will not be limited to the following:
• Provide assistance in drafting of service and supply contracts and other legal documents as instructed by Contracts Superintendent.
• Maintenance of the Contract Register Log.
• Management and control of hard and soft copy contracts documents.
• Coordination with internal departments such as Security, Labour Relations, Safety, Environment and Community in order to keep internal codes up to date.
• Support in key post tender award activities including but not limited to: following up with preparations, revisions and the signing
of contracts; coordinating the implementation activities of the contract; recording the requests for contract changes, assisting with contract
payments and with concluding contracts.
• Create and lead the Request for Quotations (RFQ) process for the contracting of minor services through Services Orders.
• Follow up of the contract’s KPIs reporting, identifying under performance and inform to Contracts Superintendent and the End Users.
The Contracts Assistant will report to the Contracts Superintendent. Additionally, close working relationships with relevant End Users and
internal clients will need to be maintained.
- Contracts Superintendent – constant communication regarding support with the formation and administration of contracts.
- Contracts Officers - constant communication regarding register of Contracts and support with the formation and administration of
- End Users – constant communication in order to obtain proactive identification of the contract issues and requirements.
- Legal Team – regular communication related to contracts revisions and compliance with the Law 9 requirements (if applicable).
Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practices and environmental awareness.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding to safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate actions.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss, and resolve safety issues at regular meetings with Suppliers and Contractors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies.
• A minimum of two to four years prior commercial and contract drafting experience in a comparable environment.
• Experience and knowledge of commercial terms and conditions for the Supply of Goods and/or Services.
• Good written and spoken Spanish and English.
• Good IT skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Unquestionable business integrity.
• Firm commitment to safe work practices.
• Experience providing support to operations as part of a Supply Chain team in a mining or major industry.
• Previous experience of JD Edwards in Purchasing & Contracts.
• Familiarity with application of English contract law in a commercial environment.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now