Requisition Number: 508278
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Categories: Mining, Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Technical Buyer to join our team.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
Working a Monday to Friday work pattern and living in rent-free company housing, relocation services provided to the right candidate.
- Raise purchase orders and maintain control over all purchasing and expediting, as required.
- Solve problems and troubleshoot over supplies, shortages, damages, and non-conformances; as well as payments, credits, invoicing issues etc.
- Live residential in the Hopetoun / Ravensthorpe area.
- Trade background in Electrical or SMP
- Experience dealing with the major suppliers to mining operations in WA
- Proficient with purchasing management systems, preferably with Pronto.
- Minimum of 2 years practical purchasing experience in the same position level.
- Mining experience preferred, but not essential.
- MUST be willing to relocate
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now