Power Plant Maintenance Electrical Supervisor HV
Requisition Number: 508339
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities:
Maintenance Electrical Supervisor duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Plant subject matter expert for all electrical matters except I&C devices and programming.
- Lead a crew of maintenance electricians responsible for the maintenance and repair of all plant electrical systems and equipment except low power instrumentation and controls devices. Includes supervisory requirements such as scheduling of personnel to cover required work, documentation of work practices by individuals to ensure compliance to plant procedures, monitoring of attendance, adherence to safety rules and regulations, etc
- Plan and schedule required electrical maintenance activities on a daily basis with assistance from work planner.
- Monitor work of plant electricians to ensure they are working in a safe and efficient manner while following approved company procedures.
- Following approved company procedures inspect, test, repair, replace as necessary all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communications systems and storage batteries.
- Preform preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems
- Work on all plant electrical cabling ranging from high voltage cabling to 480V and 110V power distribution systems down through AC and DC controls system wiring networks and fiber optics.
- Responsible for maintenance of complete equipment files, logs and drawings for all designated equipment.
- Responsible for inventory control and timely ordering of all spare parts, tools, materials and equipment required for normal plant maintenance. Assist with forecasting needs for parts materials and equipment required for outages and special projects.
- Coordinate, conduct, analyze and interpret a wide variety of technical test data including meggar and h-pot testing of cabling and equipment.
- Monitor and report on activities of outside contractors during plant outages and special projects.
- Assist with root cause investigations of any operational incidents and assume lead role for those involving electrical system issues.
- Lead in the creation and modification process for plant procedures relating to electrical work of any kind.
- Plan, prepare and present training for electrical group and cross training for other plant personnel to increase capabilities and performance while enhancing safety levels.
- Function as part of plant emergency response team within limitations of training received.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5 years satisfactory supervisory experience as an electrical shop foreman, construction foreman, or higher level of responsibility in a power plant or complex industrial facility.
- 10 years or more satisfactory experience working as an electrician in a power plant or complex industrial facility.
- Certification as a Master Electrician and documented training as an electrician highly preferred.
- Documented safety training at an advanced level highly preferred.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with work planning and scheduling software preferred.
- Working knowledge of English, Spanish working knowledge/fluency required.
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now