Requisition Number: 508442
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Categories: Mining, Power Plant, Process, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Oversee continuous production by execution of the operating plan
- Coordinating shift resources with Supervisors to ensure plant production is maintained
- Direct process control activities to achieve the operating plan, coaching Control Room Operators on process performance
- Development and updating of operating documentation
- Direct breakdown maintenance team and coordinate resources to limit plant downtime
- Act as the point of contact and decision maker for changes in resources across the plant areas as dictated by plant conditions
- Ensure that all risks have been identified, managed and a safe working environment is maintained
- Provide accurate feedback so that appropriate and corrective action and planning can be implemented
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a complex processing environment
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Engineering degree or certificate 3 or greater in processing operations
- Ability to work with others and achieve objectives
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem solving and analytical skills
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now