Requisition Number: 508543
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Health & Safety, Mining, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Maintaining the site wide Emergency Response Capabilities.
- Implementation of Mine Emergency Response and Fire operating procedures
- Review On site Emergency Response and Procedures
- Conduct and maintain records of all fire prevention inspections on Plant and outside areas.
- Prepare Monthly Basic Fire training programme Maintain a record and report progress.
- Conducting professional and proactive Emergency Response Training
- Maintenance of high standard of fitness in the Emergency Response Teams.
- Conduct incident Simulation and Preparedness drills
- Conduct accident and incident investigation.
- Maintain Emergency Response Equipment which includes fixed, mobile, portable and Automatic Fire Detection and Suppression System in Substations and Administrative buildings.
- Ensure Testing Programs for all Emergency Response Equipment and Detection Systems are done in accordance with the relevant Mining Regulation
- Conduct Fire Risk Assessment in workplaces.
- Provide fire cover in hot works being performed in high risk and hazardous areas and during bush fire cold burning through standby of Fire Teams.
- Prepare monthly Emergency Response and Fire incident statistics
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Certification
- Driving Licence a must
- Mine Rescue Knowledge
- Basic Fire Fighting Knowledge
- Advanced First Aid Certificate
- Motor Vehicle Rescue Knowledge
- Rope Rescue and Confined Space Rescue added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now