Requisition Number: 508567
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Review inventory holding levels and other parameters in pronto and ensure that they appropriate to meet user requirements whilst avoiding build-up of excess stock.
- Review inventory processes and procedures for both new items and rotables and ensure that they efficient and effective in meeting end-user requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities relating to receiving, storage, handling, and issuing and dispatch of items.
- Ensure high standards of safety in handling and storage of all items including reagents.
- Ensure that receipts are promptly processed in Pronto and that all queries are promptly resolved.
- Ensure timely picking, checking and dispatching of end user orders and requirements. Review and monitor sales orders to ensure only valid commitments are maintained in pronto.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained on proper and safe handling and storage of materials including dangerous/hazardous goods.
- Address safety issues and concerns promptly with relevant officials.
- Implement and review procedures and systems aimed at continuously improving the operational effectiveness of the warehouse function.
- Ensure maintenance of high rate of stock record accuracy and promptly resolve any stock discrepancies in liaison with all relevant parties.
- Review inventories and ensure appropriate stockholding levels and other parameters are set to meet user requirements whilst avoiding build-up of excess stock.
- Review inventory processes and procedures to ensure that they efficient and effective in meeting end-user requirements.
- Review work performance of subordinates regularly to ensure on-going improvement. Ensure all material handling equipment is in good working condition.
- Perform any other tasks as may be delegated by the supervisor
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- CIPS Certificate Level 5 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree in a commercial/technical discipline
Experience & Skills:
- 8 years of relevant work experience in a supply chain field
- Experience in inventory control/management
- Experience in supervising warehouse operations
- Experience in driving and achieving of goals.
Job Specific Competencies
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Pronto and Microsoft software packages
- Good knowledge of basic health & safety
- Good supervisory skills to lead a work group
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now