Instrumentation Professional (TMF)
Requisition Number: 509619
Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are looking for a Instrumentation Technician to join in our team at Cobre Panama
Role and Responsibilities:
The TMF Instrumentation Technician will report to TMF Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
TMF Instrumentation Technician duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and calibrating Cyclone Plant, slurry and water pump Stations Control & Instrumentation, including (but not limited to) electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic and microprocessor based equipment as well
- Support maintenance and testing of the DCS
- Reviews one line electrical diagrams, P&I Drawings and logic diagrams.
- Creates procedures related to Control & Instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Installing and terminating electrical, pneumatic and fluid connections.
- Maintains documentation records of calibration, tests and certification of electrical and instrument equipment.
- Use installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Configuring and programming Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and programmable automation equipment.
- Inspecting and testing the operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults.
- Maintains various computer-based control systems, including back-up and restoring operations.
- Maintains accurate and up to date Control & Instrumentation preventative maintenance schedules and calibration data on systems
- Consults diagrams and technical documentation such as schematics, manuals, standards and codes.
- Assist with root cause investigations of any operational incidents, especially those involving the electrical system in any way.
- Required to be “On Call” rotation while off work to support emergency repair or monitoring as necessary
- Maintains and repairs cyclone, pumphouse and safety management system devices and equipment.
- Interacts with other professionals such as fields operators, pipefitters, welders, mechanics, electricians.
- The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Technician with a minimum of 5 years of Control & Instrumentation maintenance experience or Engineer with a minimum of 3 years in Control & Instrumentation maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and Experience in Industrial Plant operations.
- Demonstrated competency and ability to successfully complete proficiency tests in basic writing, math, reading and communication, and other job related subjects.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, strong problem solving skills
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
- Skill in the use of microcomputers and the programs and applications necessary for successful job performance
- Knowledge of plant operations controls, and maintenance, electrical principles, work practices, procedures and materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and possess the ability to learn.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now