Requisition Number: 509653
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Mine Geology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
- Manage and control grade block allocation and compliance as generated by the Terrain for loading system under the guidance of Geology department.
- Ensure operator compliance while working in allocated mining blocks.
- Ensure shovel and excavator operators “mine to block boundary” (tapes)
- Ensure shovel operator follows dig plan sequence.
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure correct material allocation from Source to Sink.
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure all incorrect material allocation is rectified timely and accurately
- Ensure correct use of all “Sources” and “Sinks” within MineStar and no additional Source and Sinks are generated without prior approval from Geology
- Maintain the material and grade module within MineStar Fleet under the instruction of Geology.
- Monitor and control design files uploads from MineStar Fleet to GIS and Terrain systems.
- Monitor and control drill operator compliance through the use of Terrain and Epiroc systems.
- Ensure drill plans are uploaded and active.
- Edit drill hole information under instruction of drill and blast engineers.
- Provide Strata data as and when required to drill and blast engineers.
- Monitor High Precision Guidance systems availability and throughput.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- High School (Secondary) education
- Tertiary education (undergraduate degree) in mining, science or IT related disciplines will be highly regarded
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft package
- Advanced knowledge of Mining Systems.
- A high attention to detail is required
- A prior understanding of “Mine to Mill” practices is desirable
- Previous experience on High Precision applications for Drills and Loading.
- Previous experience on reporting platforms, Business Objects will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Geological principals and procedures.
- Exposure to open pit drilling practice.
- Fluency in Spanish is mandatory.
- Proficiency in English will be highly regarded.
A willingness to undertake language training to develop fluent English language skills would be highly desirable.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }