Requisition Number: 510795
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and conduct internal inspections and audits of facilities on site ensuring closure of identified non compliances in line with the companies set Objectives and targets.
- Schedule and conduct third party audits of contractors and suppliers in liaison with supervisor.
- Carry out environmental incident investigations and mitigations and ensure systematic tracking of actions.
- Develop and implement environmental awareness activities to attain the set target of number of employees to be trained.
- Conduct bi - annual review of the KML environmental legal register giving appropriate feedback to the HODs.
- Compile statutory reports such as but not limited to bi - annual returns to ZEMA, EPBs any other reports required by regulatory bodies.
- Monitoring implementation of the EMP and coordination of EPF reporting activities.
- Updating of the Mine Monitoring database for water and air quality.
- Perform any other duties assigned to by supervisor.
- Contribute to compliance with the Zambian Environmental Legal requirements, corporate commitments and international best practices.
- Full Grade twelve certificate.
- At least a Bachelor of Science in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in environmental management
- A valid driving license is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Environmental management in general
- Environmental law and compliance requirements
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience with Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Analytical skills and working with volumes of data
- Maturity, hands-on attitude, self-supervision, team spirit and proactivity are key attributes for the job.
- Positive attitude is imperative.
- Technically competent and good leadership skills.
- Able to develop and encourage the team.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to create a good network with people within KML.
- Must be environmental and safety conscious.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Must be meticulous.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now