Parts Maintenance Planning Engineer (E&I)
Requisition Number: 510910
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
The Power Plant Parts Maintenance Planning Engineer (E&I) will report to the Power Plant Maintenance Planning Supervisor.
Power Plant Parts Maintenance Planning Engineer (E&I) duties and responsibilities will include the following:
-Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Identify and help select regional parts manufacturers and suppliers. Identify and create relationship with alternative suppliers and seek and create alliance with possible producers who could buy our excessive inventory. This should include a willingness to travel to facilitate best procurement outcomes for Cobre Panama
- Contribute to the preparation of spares requirements for quotes and fixed price agreements.
- Help optimize plant availability with a comprehensive maintenance strategy underpinned by an efficient and complete parts availability regime.
- Be a member of the Power Plant and Port Parts Planning team to maintain inventory data and recommend updates:
- Committed to data accuracy and integrity
- Optimize Reorder Points, Reorder Quantities and Safety Stock levels
- Ensure inventory item master data is accurate and comprehensive including classifications and descriptions
- Balance long term parts planning with short term problem solving
- Participate in the development of Cobre Panama inventory control policies and procedures
- Must be proficient in CMMS preferably JDE or SAP, or any similar Material Management Software.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree/ Diploma in Engineering (Electrical / Instrumentation) from a Technical or University preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Basic understanding of industry best practices relating to planning, scheduling, and application of process controls.
- Extensive exposure to Hydrocarbon Power Plant maintenance planning and parts, with a thorough knowledge of regional parts suppliers.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Training in Primavera P6 or Microsoft project highly preferred. Experience with software for managing work processing, logistics, and estimating highly preferred.
- 8 to 15 years Power Plant Maintenance experience in any North, Central or South American country. Minimum of 3 years of field maintenance experience (as mechanical, electrical or instrumentist)
- Documented professional training a plus.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Good English communication skills; Spanish working knowledge/fluency required
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now