Requisition Number: 510919
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Panama City
Site: Panama City office
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- As a member of the Financial Accounting team, ensuring that:
- Financial systems are implemented to provide timely, accurate and relevant information for end users
- Strong working relationships are developed with end users such that their information requirements are clearly understood and implemented.
- All month-end accounting procedures are completed and that month-end close-off and reporting is achieved within Group close-off deadlines.
- Appropriate internal controls are implemented commensurate with the operating environment
- Control all processing and reconciliation activities.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards, legislation and corporate policies/procedures.
- Co-ordinate the external and internal audit process.
- Ensure compliance with the Corporate reporting deadlines.
- Positively contribute, through strong leadership, and adherence to the company´s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or related field.
- Postgraduate qualifications desirable (eg. CPA, MBA)
- Possess a minimum of 5 years relevant financial accounting experience
- Experience in a large public accounting practice is highly desirable
- A strong supervisory background with proven ability to train and mentor staff
- High degree of computer literacy
- Experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion software will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft application software (particularly Excel and Word).
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, and be able to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Advanced Spanish and English language skills – written and spoken
- Firm commitment to safe work practices
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now