Process Technician - Hydro/Leach
Requisition Number: 510941
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Perth, Ravensthorpe
Categories: Mining, Power Plant, Process, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for experienced fixed plant operators to join our Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation.
This is a unique & challenging opportunity to work on one of the world's most complex mineral processing plants.
The areas you will work in include:
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
Reporting to the Process Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Following directions from the supervisor and process engineers as required.
- Understanding the operational targets within your area.
- Monitoring plant conditions and implementing changes and adjustments as needed.
- Troubleshooting operational and equipment issues and escalating these as needed.
- Maintain plant housekeeping and safety to a high standard.
- Actively report any incidents on site and assist where required in any incident investigation.
- Ensure log sheets are maintained at a high standard and plant handovers are thorough and concise.
- Utilise the existing on-line training material and Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s) to build on plant skills.
- Implement isolations and issue permits to work as requested.
- Liaise closely with other areas that you have an effect on or may affect your area.
- Promote a co-operative relationship with the maintenance team.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven working experience in a Hydro/Leach operation.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now