Process Technician - Utilities ( Power Station / Sulphuric Acid Plant) DIDO 8:6 Roster
Requisition Number: 50823
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Operations / General Management, Process, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for experienced fixed plant operators to join our Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation. Family Friendly 8:6 DIDO roster. Travel in company time.
This is a unique & challenging opportunity to work on one of the world's most complex mineral processing plants.
The Utilities Area includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Reporting to the Process Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
- Following directions from the supervisor and process engineers as required.
- Understanding the operational targets within your area.
- Monitoring plant conditions and implementing changes and adjustments as needed.
- Troubleshooting operational and equipment issues and escalating these as needed.
- Maintain plant housekeeping and safety to a high standard.
- Actively report any incidents on site and assist where required in any incident investigation.
- Ensure log sheets are maintained at a high standard and plant handovers are thorough and concise.
- Utilise the existing on-line training material and Standard Work Instructions (SWI’s) to build on plant skills.
- Implement isolations and issue permits to work as requested.
- Liaise closely with other areas that you have an effect on or may affect your area.
- Promote a co-operative relationship with the maintenance team.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Proven working experience in a Power Station (steam turbines & diesel generators) or Sulphuric Acid Plant.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now