Requisition Number: 508409
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Mining, Mine Geology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are searching for a Mine Surveyor to establish and maintain survey controls for mining, drilling and blasting, grade control and exploration drilling. This position requires a daily pit presence to adequately perform and overseer the surveying tasks efficiently.
The incumbent will provide surveying and processing results for:
- End of month volumetric surveys (mining, stockpiles, ROM, rejects) for operational purposes.
- Grade/Ore control ore block requirements
- Processing daily dig plan face positions.
- Maintenance of “as-mined” and “backfilled” surface files.
- Establishing Survey Control to a high standard and in keeping with the Mines Regulations Act.
- Perform the statutory survey related functions required by the Mines Regulation Act
- Setting out for Mining Contractors (mining, haul-roads, dumps and drainage works).
- Surveying drill hole collars, either for production or exploration.
- Survey of surface water management structures.
- Preparation of plans and drawings for regulatory bodies as required
- Provide timely and accurate information to other staff and the mining contractor to ensure that mining and dumping floor levels and tipping limits are clearly identified.
- Facilitate the development and training of employees involved in the surveying area.
- Implement any necessary slope monitoring control for the open cut operation, in accordance with the Mining and Safety act.
- Keep all Survey information organised and backed up for auditing purposes.
- Project planning for aerial surveys- to include area to be mapped, target implementation, horizontal and vertical datum controls.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Associate Diploma in Mining and Mineral Technology (Surveying or equivalent) with a minimum 5 years relevant open pit experience
- Must be able to obtain a WA Authorised Mine Surveyor’s Certificate Grade 2.
- A current WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
- High level of competence in survey related software.
- Some exposure to systems such as Wenco or Minestar for electronic ore block set out will be well regarded.
- The ability to be flexible with work output and have effective organisation skills to meet the daily production requests is essential.
- Experience with automated data capture and processing using UAV’s (or similar)
This position is offered on an 8:6 roster. DIDO on company time.
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now