Senior Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 509681
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Perth, Ravensthorpe
Categories: Mining, Operations / General Management, Power Plant, Process, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Senior Process Engineer to join our team.
This role is offered on a Monday to Friday work pattern, residential in Hopetoun with relocation services and rent free company housing.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Herewith more detailed information:
- Report on the progress of plant trials and other testwork.
- Be accountable for implementing process improvements in the plant. Monitoring such improvements and reporting on actual performance with the area production metallurgist.
- Be familiar with and provide checking of the metallurgical accounting procedure and software.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the production supervisors, shift teams and metallurgists responsible for other areas of the plant.
- Apply scientific and engineering know-how to support site safety initiatives.
- Assist the process control team with managing improvement projects and covering for periods of peak demands and absence.
Specific requirements you will need:
- Tertiary Qualification – Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the industry
- Experience with minerals processing, hydrometallurgy or other appropriate process
- Advanced PC skills and computer literacy including process data historians.
- Understanding of financial and administrative processes
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au .
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now