Requisition Number: 510781
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Categories: Construction, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Draftsperson to join our team.
This role is offered on a Monday to Friday work pattern, residential in Hopetoun with relocation services and rent free company housing.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Analyse engineering sketches, drawings and specifications.
- Produce layouts and positioning of plant and equipment using CAD
- Ensure at all times the design is compliant to manufacturer, engineering principles and Australian Standards.
- Assist your supervisor to coordinate and direct the design elements of projects from start through to completion
- Evaluate and problem-solve design changes and specifications.
- Maintain documentation as required for all areas of the project including estimation
- Ability to take on multiple projects
- Ensure document and filing control for all parties involved including the team
- Identify areas of improvement to the company systems and process
- Be a team player and provide additional support where required
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in AutoCAD highly desirable
- Drafting experience within the construction industry highly desirable
- The ability to communicate professionally, prioritise and meet deadlines; and
- Implement a high level of attention to detail and a proactive approach to all tasks undertaken.
- Strong communication skills
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au .
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now