Contracts Officer (Procurement)
Requisition Number: 510874
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for an experienced Contracts Officer to join our dedicated team in Donoso, Colón.
Roles and responsibilities
Lead and coordinate with End Users the planning, formation and administration of the contracts required by Company’s operations.
• Provide commercial support to the End Users in the preparation of the scope of work (Services and/or Goods) and in the definition
of the contracts KPIs.
• Lead and execute sourcing process to ensure End User is getting the best value, including the preparation of the sourcing documents;
review, coordination and issue of amendments; lead the integral evaluation and negotiation of proposals; and issue the recommendations to award.
• Use the appropriate Company's standard contract documents to prepare new contracts and contracts amendments.
• Conduct post award commercial contract administration activities in terms of tracking and monitoring the compliance of the contractual
obligations, monitoring the Contractor performance, reviewing and negotiating variations, issue and record the correspondence.
• Execute the contracts closure, following proper Company procedure to ensure property disposition, final payments, and documents/clearances have been received
• Continued identification of risks and opportunities throughout the contract process during the Contracts lifecycle
• Build strong, value-adding relationships with contractors, internal customers, and cross-functional departments.
• A minimum of three to five years prior commercial and contracting experience in a comparable environment.
• Knowledge and experience of strategic sourcing and negotiations
• Good written and spoken Spanish and English
• Good IT skills
• Good communication skills
• Unquestionable business integrity
• Firm commitment to safe work practices
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now