Procurement Officer (Processing)
Requisition Number: 510889
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are recruiting experienced and talented people to join our dynamic team in Panama. Being site based, we would like to attract people
who will contribute to the success of this world-class mining operation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Code of Ethics;
• Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Safety and Environmental Management Systems;
• Perform purchasing activities for goods and materials from local and international suppliers as required, including
(but not limited to) the following:
o Analyze price proposals, financial reports and other information to determine reasonable prices;
o Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed;
o Source and validate vendor data relevant to Equipment and Materials;
o Identifying opportunities for cost reductions;
• Assist with the establishment and maintenance of Fixed Pricing Agreements (FPA’s);
• Assist the Accounts Payable department to resolve any pricing discrepancies;
• Assist with pricing information for purposes other than procurement, such as the preparation of budget submissions, scopes of work, detailed costing for identified modifications and upgrades as required;
• Maintain a supplier list and such other records as are required for the efficient operation of the purchasing
• Any other work as reasonably requested by the Procurement Specialist.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now