Mine Planning Engineer
Requisition Number: 510900
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Perth, Ravensthorpe
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Mine Planning Engineer to join our team.
This role is offered on an 8/6 roster DIDO (or BIBO from Albany/Esperance), drive in rostered time.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
The project comprises five ore bodies, Halleys, Hale-Bopp, Shoemaker-Levy, Nindilbillup and Shoemaker-Levy North, with total proven and probable reserves of 197.2 million tonnes at a grade of 0.6% nickel and 0.03% cobalt. Total mine life expectation is over 30 years.
The ore is taken from open pit in conventional Drill/Blast and Load/Haul Operations
- Generate production schedules and mine designs for enabling activities within the short-term plans as required.
- Ensure that mine development sequence and mine schedules are aligned with the medium to long-term plan.
- Liaise with geology team to ensure all grade control data is utilised and reconciled against all operational planning tasks.
- Review all drill and blast plans prepared by the Mining Contractor.
- Assist with the end monthly reconciliation process.
Specific requirements you will need:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mine Engineering with 3 - 5 years post-graduate experience
- Some exposure to contractor mining operations in selective mining operations
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of short term/medium term planning and budgeting as well as operational support.
- High level of competence in the use of mine planning, scheduling and reporting software.
- Experience with Surpac, Deswik, MineSched preferred.
- A current WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence.
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now