Requisition Number: 510901
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Perth, Ravensthorpe
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for an experienced Survey Technician to join our team.
This role is offered on a Monday to Friday 5:2 roster. Hopetoun local area or DIDO from Esperance/Albany applications desired.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
The project comprises five ore bodies, Halleys, Hale-Bopp, Shoemaker-Levy, Nindilbillup and Shoemaker-Levy North, with total proven and probable reserves of 197.2 million tonnes at a grade of 0.6% nickel and 0.03% cobalt. Total mine life expectation is over 30 years.
The ore is taken from open pit in conventional Drill/Blast and Load/Haul Operations
- Grade control surveys, digblock set-outs, blast mark-ups, design set-outs and detail pickups to produce mapping data and volumes
- Maintain an adequate inventory of survey related field consumables
- Perform survey vehicle maintenance checks daily
- Perform data manipulation, calculations and storage across various software applications.
Specific requirements you will need:
- 2+ years survey field assistant experience in mining or civil construction
- Related study in the spatial sciences highly regarded
- The ability to co-ordinate field activities and plan work requirements with the mining contractor and other departments
- A current WA “C’ Class Driver’s License including experience driving 4WD’s
- Exposure to modern open pit mining practices such as UAV’s and laser scanning an advantage
- Senior First Aid - preferred
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au .
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now