Requisition Number: 510916
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Site: Perth Office
Categories: Administration, Finance
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Payroll Officer to join our team.
Working in our West Perth office, full time – you will also have the option to be relocated to site and live residential in company housing.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
Detailed job information:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll for all employees.
- Manage all statutory obligations – PAYG, payroll tax and superannuation.
- Reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts monthly or as directed.
- Ensure continuous improvement of payroll systems and processes.
- Liaise with Department Administrators, Managers and Superintendents to promptly resolve payroll issues as they occur.
Specific requirements you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years’ payroll experience
- Previous Pronto Payroll experience is Essential
- Experience in other areas of accounting or bookkeeping is preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all legislative, taxation, superannuation and worker’s compensation requirements
- Proven ability to interpret Awards
- High degree of computer literacy (including proficiency with Microsoft Excel)
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }