Health and Safety Manager
Requisition Number: 510918
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Ravensthorpe, Perth
Categories: Health & Safety, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for experienced Health and Safety Manager to join our team.
This role is offered on a Monday to Friday work pattern, residential in Hopetoun with relocation services and rent free company housing.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world’s most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The areas we cover include:
• A Beneficiation circuit, consisting of crushers and grinding mills with associated support systems and process circuits including conveying systems, vibrating screens, centrifugal and P.D pumps, pipework and cyclones, various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Leach circuit consisting of High Pressure Acid Leach Trains which include autoclaves and associated support systems, HP vessels, HP centrifugal and P.D. pumps and pipework also an Atmospheric Leach circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation.
• A Hydro circuit with associated centrifugal pumps, pipework and various sized tankage with agitation, pressure and vacuum filters including associated support systems.
• A Utilities plant which includes a Sulphuric Acid plant, steam turbines and diesel generators for power generation, desalination plant, and air compressors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the daily operation of the H&S, Injury Management, Hygiene, Emergency Management and the Security Team
- Train, develop, directly manage and supervise the HS team
- Coordinate and manage the health and safety portfolio and systems for the Site
- Work closely with the site open pit mining contractor to ensure safety standards are met and maintained
- Mentor, develop and train site leadership on OHS programs, responsibilities and legislative compliance
- Provide guidance to site personnel and administer compliance to relevant legislation including the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Science related fields.
- 7+ years experience in environmental management with at least 5 years experience at an operating mine site.
- Extensive knowledge of Western Australian environmental legislation.
- Advanced Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Sound supervisory skills and the ability to coordinate day to day activities within the Department.
- At least 5+ years experience in a similar leadership capacity
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. – to see more visit GoRNO.com.au .
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now